Well after we had 2 days of nothing but heavy rain and lightning we are having some seriously hot and muggy weather. So I thought I would post a quick, easy, and absolutely gorgeous way to wear your hair up during these hot, summer days. This is my go to summer updo.
Here was my inspiration:
This was quick and easy with the help of these braidies:
They are available for only $10 HERE at Sephora in Blond, Light Brown, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, Black, and I believe they are also available at Ulta.
And you'll need a headband, preferably a double -banded one.
The Seeing Double Headband from Anthropologie works perfectly. You can find it HERE for $32
You can also pick up this Fab Dual Braid Headband from Forever 21 for a whopping $1.50
- Make a messy ponytail or bun in your hair.
- Put the braidie headband in your hair first. Try the look closer to your hairline first and work your way back until you find out where you like it to sit.
- Put on your double banded headband. Place one band on each side of the braidie so that the braid is in the middle.
- You can use a bobby pin to hold the back of the braid in place if you feel like you need to.
- To complete your look you can divide your ponytail into 4 sections, twist them slightly and pin them in soft loops around your ponytail tail elastic until you have a tousled summer updo.
- Another tip: This looks great with a summer brown Smokey eye.